July 14, 2010
wednesday library update
I love reading. and i find that i don't really do enough of it anymore. my love affair with books started at an early age. i remember being very young and begging my mother to read books to me until i fell asleep. as early as i can remember i wanted to read and write. i didn't really care about cartoons or hanging out in the school yard. i was the girl on the bleachers with her nose stuck in a book. my football player boyfriend in high school was definitely annoyed by this. but it didn't matter to me what other people thought. i just loved getting lost in the story. i know you all remember the scholastic book magazines your teachers handed out in grade school. i always had the highest order.
So i have complied a list of books that changed my life. and added a few that i look forward to reading... it is summer after all. and I'm looking forward to many love affairs.
1. In Grandma's Attic- Arletta Richardson.
2. The Little Vampire In Love- Angela Sommer-Bodenburg
3. Julie of the Wolves- Jean Craighead George
4. Gone With the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
5. Melody- V.C. Andrews
6. Something Borrowed & Something Blue- Emily Giffen
7. Tuesdays With Morrie - Mitch Albom
8. The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
9. The Swan Thieves- Elizabeth Kostova
10. Grace- Richard Paul Evans
***My Future List***
1. The Walk-Richard Paul Evans
2.5th Avenue, 5 a.m.- Sam Wasson
3. One Day- Davis Nicholls
4.Men and Dogs & Girls and Trucks- Katie Crouch
5. True Colors- Kristin Hannah
at 7:47 AM