This DIY definitely calls for creativity and individuality. You can keep it simple and sweet or go all out. The possibilities are endless so don’t be afraid to deviate and try something different! In addition to the materials and directions I’ve listed I will also mention some alternatives. With Christmas approaching money can be tight so hopefully you can use things you already have around the house rather than going out and buying brand new supplies. For this particular card we’ll be making hanging ornaments!
What you’ll need:
- blank note cards and envelopes (or construction paper/cardstock and envelopes)
- colored paper, scrapbook paper, wrapping paper scraps or even ripped out magazine pages
- glitter or glitter pens (because I like a little razzle dazzle)
- scissors and/or paper punches if you have them
- glue (I used both Elmer’s glue and a glue gun)
- thin ribbon
- black ink pen
1. Using scissors or a round paper punch cut out circles from your paper. Ornaments come in all shapes and sizes so they don’t have to be perfect circles nor do they need to be the same exact size. Make about 3 or 4.
2. Using the Elmer’s glue and glitter decorate your ornaments. You can either cover the entire ornament in glue and cover with glitter or do fun designs. If you don’t have glitter you can use glitter pens to decorate as you please. Let the ornaments dry and shuffle off the excess glitter.
3. Once all your ornaments are dry glue them to your card. I wanted to give the appearance that they were hanging at different lengths so I glued them at different lengths to the card.
4. Using your black ink pen draw the metal caps on top of the bulbs and string for them to hang from. These can be colored in or left in black and white.
5. For that little extra something that I love oh so much I made a tiny bow and, using the tiniest bit of hot glue to ensure it wouldn’t come off, attached it to the top of the ornament.
6. There is no step six! You’re all done! Wasn’t that easy? You can also use this same concept to make presents, a snowman, snowflakes or a Christmas tree! Don’t think you’re crafty enough to tackle even this? You can always grab some cute washii tape and little Christmas themed polaroids (using…oh I don’t know…the Fuji Instax Mini you could win from Shawni’s giveaway!) and tape them to the front of the card! Have fun and I hope this season brings you lots of joy and cheer!