I went through a breakup recently. I dated this person for almost a year. I have never been in a serious adult relationship. I have never lived with a boyfriend. Meeting of the parents rarely happens. I have always understood relationships but always wondered why I couldn't find a special one of my own. Enter boy. He blew into my life like a quiet tornado. I didn't even see him coming. While I could go on and on about my ex boyfriend, I don't have the energy or feel like you would be very entertained. Instead this post is to serve as what I learned from my first almost very serious relationship.
1. REAL love is unconditional. Not conditional.
2. It takes two people to make a relationship work. Two people giving themselves 100 percent every single day.
3. If you are the only one talking in your relationship then something is wrong. If your boyfriend is just nodding his head while you are spilling your guts, chances are, he doesn't feel the same.
4. Both people in the relationship need to have their OWN goals. Of course you should plan a future together, but your own future should matter most. Who you are and who you want to be.
5. If you are afraid every day that things just may not work out, then something needs to change. You shouldn't waste your time worrying about how he feels. If you look into his eyes and you're still scared... you're probably not with the right person.
This being said, I love LOVE. So much. I am 100 percent a romantic. Through and through. I believe in true love. Real love. And I know someday I will have it. I want love for everyone I know. Everyone in the world to be honest. Even after my breakup I still believe in true love. My spirit is still very much alive. And I thank God for the strength he's given me to move on ♥